Sports participation keeps children physically active and provides them with positive development opportunities. At the Y, we promote the development of each athlete to reach their highest potential through skill development, teamwork and sportsmanship.
Honoring the Y’s four core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility, our volunteer coaches always focus on developing character as much as building athletes. That is why we do not conduct tryouts to select the best players, nor do we cut children from YMCA Youth Sports.
Why choose YMCA Sports?
- Everyone plays and everyone wins.
- Teamwork and cooperation are keys to success.
- We play fair and respect teammates, opponents, coaches, officials and ourselves.
- Striving to win is an essential part of all sports, but winning is only one of many goals at the Y.
- Smiling, laughing and good feelings are important.
Focusing on skill development, teamwork, sportsmanship and values is what sets YMCA Youth Sports apart from all other programs. Welcome to the Y!